Snow day – Thursday

Folks, we gave no idea what the weather is going to bring in the next few days. But Thursday seems to be look like it might be a difficult day. We will definitely be open today, but not so sure about tomorrow. Rarely does snow remain for long here, but with temperatures the way they are, it isn’t going to melt quickly!

I wrote this before setting off for work, and today I barely made it to the main Cavan – Bailieborough road. For tomorrow, yes, I could park on the main road and walk in the lane to the house, but given that all that remains booked and un-cancelled are two Driving Sight Tests, I do not think that the risk of damage to the car, or to me – a broken limb?? is worth the risk to stay on until 8.30 pm, when the weather is expected to be at its worst.

If anyone knows of someone who has a driving sight test booked with us tomorrow, would you please let them know? We should have taken contact details, but we omitted to do that – I think they were booked before we had heard of the “Beast from the East”, or Storm Emma.

B. Conlon and S. Rooney – If you see this, we need to reschedule!

I don’t like mentioning names, but I guess that they could deny if it was them, should they wish to? If you know a B or an S who might be looking to have a driving sight test with us, would you share this post, or let them know to look at it?

At this point, I don’t even know if we will be here on Friday – as an employer, I made the decision to tell Sandra not to attempt to travel tomorrow. She reckoned that (as she lives near me) I could give her a lift – I am happy to drive in snow and in previous snowy weather I have picked her up, but this time, I don’t want to take the chance – I don’t mind / quite like  snow and am happy to accept that I might mess up, which is fine for me, but not with someone else in the car… It is different if I know the snow will likely be gone by home time, but this time, it could be very bad going home?

It is hard to know what to do! Safety first has to be the way to go – we don’t get weather like this very often after all.

I will try to be here on Friday and I will give Thursday a go myself, but I think I may not make it in?

Please let any B or S you know about this post, thanks,





This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Local eyecare for all the family

%d bloggers like this: